The Character and Logical Method of Political Economy
The book consists of lectures Cairnes gave to explain the basic principles behind classical economics.
The Character and Logical Method of Political Economy (London: Macmillan, 1875 2nd ed).
The text is in the public domain.
|Facsimile PDF||This is a facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||13 MB|
|Facsimile PDF small||This is a compressed facsimile or image-based PDF made from scans of the original book.||4.28 MB|
|HTML||This version has been converted from the original text. Every effort has been taken to translate the unique features of the printed book into the HTML medium.||428 KB|
|Kindle||This is an E-book formatted for Amazon Kindle devices.||262 KB|
Table of Contents
- Preface to the Second Edition
- Preface to the First Edition
- Lecture I: Introductory.
- Lecture II: Of the Mental and Physical Premisses of Political Economy, and of the Logical Character of the Doctrines Thence Deduced.
- Lecture III: Of the Logical Method of Political Economy.
- Lecture IV: Of the Logical Method of Political Economy,—(Continued).
- Lecture V: Of the Solution of an Economic Problem, and of the Degree of Perfection of which It Is Susceptible.
- Lecture VI: Of the Place and Purpose of Definition in Political Economy.
- Lecture VII: Of the Malthusian Doctrine of Population.
- Lecture VIII: Of the Theory of Rent.
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C